The modern closed PCV/Breather system is intended to recirculate combustion blow-by gases for cleaner operation and to reduce greenhouse gases. An unfortunate consequence of this system is the unintended ingestion of oil vapor and carbon into the intake tract, lowering the octane rating and leaving harmful deposits on a vehicle’s intake valves and ports that result in an inconsistent air/fuel ratio, lost cylinder pressure, and decreased power.
Engineered in-house and manufactured in the USA, the ECS Baffled Oil Catch Can utilizes a highly efficient 4-chamber oil separator that significantly improves oil/air separation – decreasing oil ingestion and maintaining engine power output. The innovative design also catches as much blow-by gas as possible, bringing carbon buildup to an absolute minimum.
Key benefits of the ECS Baffled Oil Catch Can System:
Highly Efficient Oil Separator (Catch Can):
- Strategically positioned 4 chamber baffle system maximizes oil / air separation
- Engineered to create multiple changes in the direction of airflow within the separator to cause oil droplets to fall out of suspension before exiting the catch can
- Knurled and black anodized integrated oil dipstick makes inspecting oil volume of reservoir clean and simple
- Fully serviceable for routine cleaning and maintenance; Includes 2.5mm Allen key to remove baffle plates for cleaning
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum parts, anodized black for lasting protection and appearance
- Easy to drain reservoir, simply unthreads from the oil separator for quick draining or cleaning